[c-nsp] Loopback Advertise in OSPF

Darryl Dunkin ddunkin at netos.net
Tue Feb 26 19:00:20 EST 2008

I've always avoided that. Wouldn't it attempt to run the OSPF process on
the loopback interface? There aren't any adjacencies possible there so
it is a waste of resources I would think (however minimal it may be).
Setting it passive would avoid this of course, but is a pain to manage
for large amounts of interfaces (ok ok, Cisco does have
'passive-interface default' now). That depends on if you are using your
IGP only for BGP peering via loopbacks, I need all connected interfaces
advertised into my IGP (non-core, customer, loopback), without running
the process across them, and without wildcarding 0.0.0.0 for all
interfaces (diverse amount of subnet numbering here).

I'd like to be corrected if this isn't the way to do it for any reason
though.