[c-nsp] Weird error

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Wed Feb 27 09:02:20 EST 2008

Hi Ziv,

On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 14:49 +0200, Ziv Leyes wrote:
> Hey Gert,
> I know what cisco-nsp is, I know it's not an official Cisco TAC, and
>  I'm not expecting anybody to act like that, I just find it funny that
>  there's nobody that can tell something about it... I've been reading
>  all the mails of this list since I subscribed last month and already
>  in a single month I've seen a lot of awkward questions that also
>  received answers for them, so I figured out somebody in this community
>  may have some answers for me too. But I guess I'm wrong, so far, I've
>  been asking also a couple of much more simpler questions in the past
>  and never had a single response to them... Is it because of my
>  name???? :(

I can't say if it's your name that does it; that's a numerology subject,
not a cisco-nsp subject. :-)

Regarding asking questions and getting no replies, it's quiet common. If
you look through the list you'll see that many many questions just sit
there. As far as I understand, this list is for people to share
interesting information and interesting problems. It's not a support
forum.

People often tend to avoid answering unless they have something
important to say. My guess is that nobody has had a problem that looks
enough like yours to have anything to add. And that nobody finds the
issue relevant enough to try and run tests for themselves.

It's a shame, but remember that this list is a voluntary effort. You're
not guaranteed any answers (use TAC for that), and since you're not
paying anybody for answering you can't blame anyone. :-)

When that's said, please don't feel unwelcome. There's a really good
tone here, and when people "correct" each other it's typically only to
help in the long run.

Regard,
Peter (who cannot help with the problem at hand either...)