[c-nsp] Loopback Advertise in OSPF

David Barak thegameiam at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 10:14:41 EST 2008

Hi,

I believe the initial poster was talking about normal loopbacks- ther kind you'd use for network management, ibgp peering, or perhaps anycast.  In that case, you needn't be worried about spf churn, because they're yours, and not going down, and you would want the routes generated to be internal routes (so that the metrics and SPF can do their job).  In that case, nothing beats a network statement + passive-interface.

I prefer to use passive default, and then only enable the correct interfaces.

-David