[c-nsp] MTU size with EoMPLS

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Fri Feb 29 17:45:35 EST 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 16:07 -0500, The Father wrote:
> Thanks for the tips Peter.  Is "ip mtu xxx" on an interface the same as
> using "mtu xxx"?  Seems like I don't have the ability to change the mtu
> on some of the linecards of the 7600.

You're welcome. IP MTU and interface MTU is not the same I'm afraid.
Things like MPLS and CLNS are not IP, and have their own "<proto> mtu X"
configuration command. Some interfaces, like FE interfaces, typically do
not support large frames. If you're lucky they will accept "baby
giants", something like 1530 bytes or so. If you cannot change the
interface MTU, the interface probably doesn't support large frames.

Regards,
Peter