[c-nsp] OT: Pingsta spam

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Wed Jan 2 01:04:19 EST 2008

Peter Alfred-Adekeye wrote:
> PS. That was meant to read 'looks like we are ...'
>
> my fingers are in over-drive-mode :-)

Well, what I received was:

* Bulk
* Unsolicited
* Email.

 From where was my address harvested?  This list?  Do the list
administrators know about and authorize this?  Other lists?  Same
question.

It indeed sounds like the site may have some value, but the method of
promotion drags it down to the level of stock market scams, questionable
pills and potions, and Nigerians with a lot of money to give away.  It
also violates this:  http://www.above.net/corporate/antispam.html
as well as CAN-SPAM.

You might want to Google "Boulder Pledge" and consider that your target
audience of internetwork experts generally consider UBE to be rather
malicious.

Suggestion:

Mention it here, once, in as non-salesy way as you can think of.  Of
course it may be a little late now.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net