[c-nsp] OT: Pingsta spam

Andy Dills andy at xecu.net
Wed Jan 2 16:50:04 EST 2008

On Wed, 2 Jan 2008, Robert Blayzor wrote:

> "Pingsta" is clearly breaking federal laws.
>
> http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/canspam.shtm
>

> It's obvious they are harvesting email addresses from this list.
> Regardless if someone was "carefully selected" to receive their
> mailings, if someone didn't "opt in", it's spam.

I have no idea who pingsta is, nor do I like spam, but I don't think you
can quite say "it's obvious they are harvesting email addresses" and
accuse them of breaking a federal law without posting some evidence to
support that.

To me, it's not obvious because I've been posting to cisco-nsp for years
and can't remember getting an email from them.

That doesn't mean you're not correct, but you have to admit you're being a
little over the top.

Andy

---
Andy Dills