[c-nsp] Remote rebooting

Michael Robson Michael.Robson at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Jan 3 05:33:03 EST 2008

I am looking for a solution to be able to connect OOB to our sup720 6500s
via their console ports and also be able remotely to interrupt power to
affect a reboot should they need it. I have seen several solutions for the
remote consoling side, but because their power supplies are 16A have only
managed to find one supplier capable of providing a remote reboot solution
as well, albeit clunky and chunky. Can anyone recommend someone a company
that can provide a rack-mountable remote console box with at least 4 console
ports, that can also be used to remote reboot (via power interruption) 16A
supply 6500s (preferably with the 16A power boxes rack-mountable too)?

Ta,

Michael.