[c-nsp] Remote rebooting

Michael Robson Michael.Robson at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Jan 3 06:23:40 EST 2008

> The servertech PT45 has all you need below is link to
> details. There power relays can go up to 20A as far as I know.
> They provide out of band access via dialup and can give
> console access and power management.
>
> http://servertech.com/products/RemotePowerManagement/SentryCom
> manderPT45
> /

This is the solution that I have tested and yes they do have what I want,
but I wanted to see if there was anything more elegant. The console box is
OK, but the power blocks are chunky, free-standing boxes: their solution
doesn't seem to have improved much in the last 5 years or so (in fact the
power boxes are now bigger); also it's been like pulling teeth dealing with
the company that sells these products in the UK. I might have to go with
this solution unless there is anything better out there?

Ta,

Michael.