[c-nsp] Cisco Traffic Policer

Kevin Barrass K.J.Barrass at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Jan 4 07:00:24 EST 2008

Hi

I am having trouble understanding traffic policing on Cisco kit. With
the below config setup on a multilayer switch is all aggregate traffic
coming in on fa0/0 or vlan100 policed to 8000 or is each IP address on
fa0/0 or vlan100 that falls in 192.168.1.0/24 each policed at 8000 i.e.
each computer in that subnet gets 8000.
I'm trying to find a solution that will do both In one subnet/interface
I want each PC to be policed at a fixed amount and on another subnet and
interface I want to police the overall traffic to a set amount.

Any advise appreciated.

Kind Regards

Kev

!
class-map acgroup2
 match access-group 2
!
policy-map police
 class acgroup2
  police 8000 2000 4000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop
!
! Then apply policer to interface or SVI.
!
interface fastethernet 0/0 or interface vlan100
 service-policy input police
!

access