[c-nsp] 6500 - SUP720 - IOS - traffic problem

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Sun Jan 6 06:03:28 EST 2008

Gabriel Mateiciuc wrote:
> And for those having enough patience to read the details, here's the
> question/problem:

Do you have DFCs on the 67xx cards?

> On the 4-th linecard (6724-SFP) we have links grouped in etherchannels
> (4xGigabit backbone links), with respect to keeping most of the

Where is the traffic going in/out of those etherchannels going to/coming
from? Specifically is it likely to be going to/coming from the cards in
slots 1,2,7-9 i.e. the classis bus cards?

There are various possibilities.

> etherchannels with their ports grouped on the same asic/linecard. The

Why?

Personally I would use ports on different cards for redundancy,

> load-balancing used is src-dst-ip. Looking at the figures above I guess
> anyone would say there are plenty of resources left yet our graphs/interface
> summary shows us that somere between 40-50% fabric utilization, both ingress

That just means the card is doing 8-10Gbps - is this the number you
would expect?