[c-nsp] Remote rebooting

matthew zeier mrz at velvet.org
Mon Jan 7 00:59:26 EST 2008

>   3. The ServerTech serial console stuff is pretty lame. We are using
> Lantronix SLC now, which are much better (SSH support, multiple logins,
> log console output to NFS, dual ethernet ports).

I totally agree with that, plus the SLC's dual ethernet and
iptables-like firewall make it easy to have a real backdoor incase even
the front end needs rebooting.  I/Mozllla has three datacenters and I've
put SLCs at each and have been pretty satisfied.

I also have ServerTech at each site with two sites have remote power
management so I can hard cycle power if I ever need (*knock on wood*).