[c-nsp] Line rate DS3 on a 3845

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Tue Jan 8 14:01:15 EST 2008

On 1/8/08, Seth Mattinen <sethm at rollernet.us> wrote:
> Does anyone have real-life experience with driving a full DS3's worth of
> bandwidth through the 3845? The website says it will, but I don't know
> if that's "yes, as long as it's a single flow" or "yes, even for worst
> case traffic" or something in the middle. Thanks!

I have a 3845 running a 40Mb Ethernet PVC from my Internet provider
and it seems to keep pace even with QoS being applied.  I don't think
that I'd want to push it much further.  I've been pushing for a 7201
to replace the 3845 so I'm ready for the inevitable moment when they
higher ups decide that we need more than 40Mb of Internet bandwidth.

Jeff