[c-nsp] 7604/sup32 (minor correction)

Euan Galloway euang+cisco-nsp at lists.eusahues.co.uk
Tue Jan 8 14:15:08 EST 2008

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 10:14:09AM -0800, Mark Boolootian wrote:

> > If you don't use XLs and then you wind up with FIB exception and
> > packets forwarded in software.
>
> Packets for those routes that haven't been installed in the FIB...

Switched to the floor if you are unlucky enough in topology / bugs.
*mutter*

> I'm probably a bad person for asking, and not first searching, but can
> someone remind me what happens when the FIB fills - what is the process for
> deciding what gets added and what gets dumped from the FIB?

http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/2007-October/044776.html
http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/2007-June/041598.html

Immediate bye bye (or software forwarding performance for packets destined)
to the /8s and friends that aren't covered by more specifics.

As someone else said, it's still just OK when filtering at /24s ~239500 routes.
"Well below" the ~ 245546 value from "show mls cef summ" after I had
generated the exception in testing.

--
Euan Galloway