[c-nsp] MPLS hardware

Chris Phillips cphillips at wbsconnect.com
Thu Jan 10 01:15:06 EST 2008

Christopher E. Brown wrote:

> A 6509 chassis can take the 720, with an upgraded fan tray and power
> supplies.  But, the fan tray upgrade is no longer available.

The fan tray 2 is available in the second-hand market and easy to get.

> IIRC, a 6509-E chassis with 3000 watt supplies will run the 720s.

You don't need an E.  Any 6509 chassis will run any of the SUPs.  And
the 2500w power supplies are sufficient as long as you only have a
couple 6700 series line cards.

MPLS is not an option on the SUP2s.  I've never heard of any promises of
it on the SUP2s either.  The SUP32 and SUP720 (even non-3BXL) have some
MPLS support.

I'd speak with a Cisco SE before making any purchases.  Depending on
your needs, you might need to get into the 7600s w/ RSP-720s.

Good luck.

--
Chris Phillips
Senior Network Engineer
cphillips at wbsconnect.com
(866) WBS-CONX
(720) 259-8361 - direct
(303) 968-4383 - mobile

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, constitute an electronic communication within the scope of the Electronic Communication Privacy Act, 18 USCA 2510. This communication may contain non-public, confidential, or legally privileged information intended for the sole use of the designated recipient(s). The unlawful interception, use or disclosure of such information is strictly prohibited under 18 USCA 2511 and any applicable laws. If you are not the intended recipient, or have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email at cphillips at wbsconnect.com or by telephone at 866-927-2669 and delete all copies of this communication, including attachments, without reading them -or saving them to disk.