[c-nsp] Looking for visually impressive server racks

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Thu Jan 10 11:15:28 EST 2008

Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> And don't forget about deep enough - server manufacturers are making
> their server ever deeper so that they can pack more performance into
> their servers and still keep them in a 1U vertical form factor.

Definitely.  I just bought a new Cooper/B-Line 8' tall cabinet.  It's
28" wide and 42" deep.  If I had the room I would have gotten the 48"
model.  I set the rails at 30".  As it stands now I can just fit the
vertical wire management in behind the rail-mounted extending wire
management (attached to the back of the servers).  I can send pictures
if anyone is interested.  I also got it when split side doors so I can
open up a side and work on my patch panels after the fact.  My gripe
about the Cooper cabinet is that during the metal fabrication process
the operator didn't manage to break any of the edges of the doors to 90
degrees.  They are all sprung and don't shut right.  Cooper has offered
to replace them.  I just haven't gotten around to making the arrangements.

Justin