[c-nsp] MPLS hardware

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 12:14:40 EST 2008

There are certainly alternatives for doing VPLS termination that are
cheaper than Cisco, when you look at the cost of the ES20.   Foundry
and Alcatel both make lighter weight dense "MPLS-enabled switches"
that Cisco doesn't have a good competitor for.  The 20-port SFP based
Foundry blade for the MLX series switches has hardware MPLS support
and costs $15k...

Phil