[c-nsp] TCP Throughput / MTU problem ? with Cisco 7304 and MPLS VPN's

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Fri Jan 11 10:28:26 EST 2008

Hi Eric,

What is the regular interface MTU? (E.g. "show interface Gi0".) I cannot
determine from your interface definitions if you have adjusted this.
According to the doc you mentioned, the "mpls mtu" command only shows up
in your configuration if it's different from the interface MTU. Have you
tried "mtu 1520" and "mpls mtu 1520" as stated in the document? OTOH it
should have complained if you configured an MPLS MTU larger that the
interface MTU.

Can you see at what packet size the router stops forwarding traffic?
With different size pings from the access-side for example.

Regards,
Peter