[c-nsp] ipflow/netflow appliance

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at cisco.com
Fri Jan 11 21:19:33 EST 2008

On Jan 12, 2008, at 6:26 AM, jason.plank at comcast.net wrote:

> There are a bunch of products on the market, one that I have used
> recently is called Mazu. I'm sure Gert will reply with some short
> comings, but it is the freshest product I have in mind. It (like
> most netflow collectors) was pretty easy to use.

Arbor, Lancope, Mazu, Narus, and Q1 can all sniff traffic and use it
to generate their own internal flow representations - however, this
means that one has invested in one of those systems (they're quite
nice and extremely useful), rather than just seeking to use NetFlow
with open source tools such as nfsen, Stager, etc.

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> // 408.527.6376 voice

	Culture eats strategy for breakfast.

            -- Ford Motor Company