[c-nsp] 6748 compatibility with the 7600/RSP720 series.

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Mon Jan 14 16:09:06 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 22:44 +0200, Saku Ytti wrote:
> Just small tip that might surprise SIP/SPA folks, ES20 does not, at this
> time support VLAN local significance in subinterfaces, when using
> single tags.
>
> this is no go
> int giga1/0/1.42
>   encap dot1q 42
> int giga1/0/2.42
>   encpp dot1q 42

Yeah, that's the same with LAN cards, and I think OSMs too. A little
retarded, it seems the switch/router has to use an internal VLAN that's
exactly the same at the dot1q tag. It would be nice if one could choose
which internal VLAN to use for a specific subinterface.

> Add 2nd (Qinq) tag to the interfaces, and it works. You can workaround
> this to some level by using EVC config and unique SVI's, but you lose
> some features with SVI, such as only MQC match supported today is CoS.

Only CoS match, also for Ethernet Services? I actually thought it could
do "anything" in policy maps, except maybe for making coffee. :-)

Regards,
Peter