[c-nsp] Recommendations for T1 Extender

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Mon Jan 21 05:49:59 EST 2008

"Adam Piasecki" <apiasecki at gmail.com> writes:

> In the past we used Pargain equipment, but it's becoming hard to find that
> stuff.  So we are starting to look for a new product.
>
> Basically we want to take a T1 from the LEC extended it 1-4miles and have
> the receving end connect into our router.

You know that ADC bought Pairgain back in 2000 right?  The current
technology cards are a lot smaller than the classic Pairgain box and
fit in the standard 220 and 400 shelves (among others; I see on their
web site that they have support for 3192 and Litespan 2000 mechanicals
too).

https://www-wsp.adc.com/ecom/catalog/hierDisplay.do?NODE=OND50995

They didn't even change the name; still call 'em "HiGain".  AFAIK,
these cards are current production; you can order them up from your
favorite vendor.  ADC-nee-Pairgain cards have always worked fine for
me...

                                        ---rob