[c-nsp] Differences between cisco 7606 and 7606-s

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Mon Jan 21 10:47:17 EST 2008

On Monday 21 January 2008 23:32, Ultra wrote:

> Can anyone explain me the differences between the Cisco
> 7606 and the Cisco 7606-s?
>
> I can¡t see it in the documentation I downloaded from
> cisco.com

Some differences taken off the 7606-S's data sheet:

*****

As part of the Cisco 7600 Series, the Cisco 7606-S Router is
an enhancement on the highly successful 6-slot chassis
(Cisco 7606). This enhanced chassis delivers numerous
design improvements, including:

o  Improved failover mechanisms in the hardware, which when
   paired with the proper Cisco IOS® Software image can
   achieve 100 ms failover

o  Ability to deliver higher power of up to 750W per slot

o  High-speed fan tray module with five speeds on a
   side-to-side airflow design

o  Better thermal flow measurement and management

The power supplies supported on the Cisco 7606-S are the
2700W AC and DC power supplies

*****

I haven't used this particular platform, so I cannot give
any more data than what's at www.cisco.com.

Cheers,

Mark.