[c-nsp] Looking for visually impressive server racks

jp jp at saucer.midcoast.com
Mon Jan 21 17:54:13 EST 2008

I'd go for a 2001 A Space Odyssey look rather than the Enterprise look.
Rows of red lights like Hal (behind smoked acrylic rack faces), A curved
white wall (on a side without glass) like the artificial gravity
centrifuge part of the ship, with manequins mounted perpendicular to the
wall, some mod red seats and a small mod table on the wall.

Aside from that, a datacenter with all the racks, floor, and ceiling
covered in mirrors would be quite a house of horrors, and somewhat
futuristic if creatively lit.

Chatsworth cabinets are very nice and easy to work with. I have made
melamine side panels for these. I had bought some that didn't come with
side panels, so I had to make something for them. Any handy creative
person should be able to make these cabinets look special. If they don't
sit flat on the floor, some lighting around the base with small
flourescents between the feet should make a nice effect.

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 06:57:46PM +1100, Skeeve Stevens wrote:
> Hey all,
> Got a customer who is building a server room and it will have glass walls.
> They are into things like animation and so on, and want to have a VERY
> impressive looking comms room on display.
>
> What I am looking for is some rack brand or company that make amazing
> looking racks
 I’m talking stainless steel, chrome?, in-built lighting
> perhaps
 something that just looks like it’s the room which powers the
> Enterprise kinda thing ;-)
> If anyone knows anyone (worldwide) making/selling this kind of thing
 please
> let me know.  For now, lets say cost isn’t much of a factor – wow factor is
> everything.
>
> I realise this isn’t strictly Cisco, but I can’t think of anywhere else
> where there would be such a wide number of people who might know what I am
> looking for.  Feel free to send responses directly to me to not waste list
> space with too many replies.
>

> --
> Skeeve Stevens, RHCE
> skeeve at skeeve.org / www.skeeve.org
> Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 / skype://skeeve
> eintellego - skeeve at eintellego.net - www.eintellego.net
> --
> I'm a groove licked love child king of the verse
> Si vis pacem, para bellum

/*
Jason Philbrook   |   Midcoast Internet Solutions - Wireless and DSL
    KB1IOJ        |   Broadband Internet Access, Dialup, and Hosting
 http://f64.nu/   |   for Midcoast Maine    http://www.midcoast.com/
*/