[c-nsp] cisco 3560 layer3 performance

Mark Kent mark at noc.mainstreet.net
Tue Jan 22 11:16:25 EST 2008

>> Take a look at what the SDM says, with "show sdm prefer". If you're
>> running a "vlan only" template, all L3-traffic is process switched. It
>> that case you should change it to "default" or whatever suits your
>> needs.

show sdm prefer
 The current template is "desktop default" template.
 The selected template optimizes the resources in
 the switch to support this level of features for
 8 routed interfaces and 1024 VLANs.

  number of unicast mac addresses:                  6K
  number of IPv4 IGMP groups + multicast routes:    1K
  number of IPv4 unicast routes:                    8K
    number of directly-connected IPv4 hosts:        6K
    number of indirect IPv4 routes:                 2K
  number of IPv4 policy based routing aces:         0
  number of IPv4/MAC qos aces:                      0.5K
  number of IPv4/MAC security aces:                 1K

We're not near any of these limits... but I'll scroll
through all the options and record the changes.

Thanks,
-mark