[c-nsp] SXH1 - lab tested/live router

mack mack at exchange.alphared.com
Tue Jan 22 13:01:37 EST 2008

Has anyone other than cisco lab tested or put SXH1 into production yet?
I am still waiting on approval for lab time.

The bug fixes most relevant to me are:

DOM support for older XENPAKs (supposedly fixed)
Stability Improvements (a number of bug fixes)
Insertion of a line into an active BGP loopback group leading to uneven traffic distribution requiring hard bgp reset to rectify.
memory/cpu usage tracking via SNMP in the modular version.

The DOM support had kept us from considering upgrading to SXH.
The SNMP cpu usage tracking kept us from considering modular versions.

My understanding from the docs is that both of these are fixed.
Has anyone confirmed (not that cisco documentation is ever inaccurate)?

Any notes on oddities encountered would be helpful to everyone on the list considering upgrading.
The cisco people lurking in the background might also be interested in practical experiences.

--
LR Mack McBride
Network Administrator