[c-nsp] MUX

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Wed Jan 23 16:53:42 EST 2008

Hi Mad,

CWDM is a nice and (relatively) cheap solution, but of course it
requires special colour GBICs at each end.

The cost of the passive CWDM muxer and special GBICs + stock for a rainy
day can sometimes make provisioning an extra physical fiber look more
attractive than otherwise, especially for short distances. But YMMV.

Regards,
Peter