[c-nsp] Cisco 3750 - Losing Input Service-Policy on Reload + SNMP Timeouts

Craig Allen Craig at smilernet.com
Fri Jan 25 07:16:40 EST 2008

Hello,

I have numerous Cisco 3750-48-PS-S in stacks consisting of either 2
members or 8 members; current IOS is C3750-IPSERVICESK9-M, Version
12.2(40)SE.

A simple input service-policy has been created to mark traffic entering
the port - classification is matched using extended access-lists.
Applying the 'service-policy mark-dscp input' works with no issues and
all works as expected.

The problem is when the switch stack is rebooted the service-policy is
no longer applied to some of the Ethernet ports (seems to be stack
member specific); the funny thing is that some ports do have the policy
applied. For example Ports Fa1/0/1 - 48 will have service-policy applied
where Ports Fa2/0/1 - 48 will not have the service-policy applied. I can
but this really isn't a viable solution. Checked the log for errors on
reload and nothing is logged.

Lastly... since upgrading to 12.2(40) we've been having issues with SNMP
timeouts esp. with the 8 member stack. Specifically we are querying the
bridge table for MAC addresses and then matching them to the associated
active port -> product in use is FlukeNetworks Netwhere. Prior to the
upgrade we were running 12.2(37) and didn't exhibit any SNMP timeouts.

I'm considering downgrading the IOS release as we don't need all the new
features that are being released. However, there's numerous versions of
the IOS available on the Cisco website so what version would everyone
recommend; we are doing a little of L3 switching i.e. inter-vlan routing
(at most 2-3 vlans) but predominantly L2 based switching.

Thanks!

Craig

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistent one." Albert
Einstein