[c-nsp] Differences between WS-C3750E & WS-C3750G switches

Matthew Crocker mcrocker at crocker.com
Fri Jan 25 11:37:12 EST 2008

Can someone explain the difference between these two switches?  Is it
only the uplink speed?

WS-C3750E-48TD-E  (10 Gig Uplinks)
WS-C3750G-48TS-E (4 x 1Gig Uplinks)

The 'G' model is about $3k less than the 'E' model.

I plan on using the switch as '48 port GigE routers'  assigning a /30
to each GigE port on the switch with an uplink port going to my 'core'
and talking OSPF with my 'border' routers (GSR8 & Juniper J6350).  My
border speaks BGP with my peers and OSPF internally.  The 3750s will
speak OSPF and have 1-2k routes installed from the local network (ISP/
Datacenter)

My 'core' switches are Cisco 2960G, GigE switches, I don't need 10gig
uplinks.

Are there any other IP features/performance differences between the E
& G ?

-Matt