[c-nsp] telecommuting support jobs for BGP guys?

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Sat Jan 26 13:24:32 EST 2008

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008, Roy wrote:

> It isn't just BGP jobs.  I do routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs, etc.

There are jobs out there, but most of the ones I've come across are
usually short engagements or generally "quick hit" type work, such as
"we're having a connectivity problem, could you help us fix it?" or "we
need to get a new firewall built to replace our old one".  I've been doing
work like that on the side for the past few years and at least in this
area, there is a niche for people with those skills and companies who
don't need or can't afford to have a 'router guy' on staff full time.
So far I've never run into a full time telecommuting network gig.

This is probably starting to veer off topic for cisco-nsp but I'd be happy
to continue the discussion privately if you want.

jms