[c-nsp] ASA5510 Code

Ben Steele ben at internode.com.au
Sun Jan 27 20:46:49 EST 2008

The most annoying ones for me were the logging timestamp bug via
email, discussed sometime last year on this list when I first enquired
about it, TAC confirmed it was a bug, it may have been fixed in 8.0(3)
haven't tested yet, went back to 7.2(2) to get rid of it, the other
one that's annoying and definitely still present in 8.0(3) is the
"unable to download NAT policy to ACE" in which you make a NAT ACL
change and you get that error and the config (while applied) won't
actually do anything and you have to either remove your nat group from
the interface and reapply it or reboot the firewall to get it to take,
VERY ANNOYING.

There's probably others but those were the most annoying for me,
having said that I tend to use 8.0 where I know those bugs won't bite
me as much as I like the EIGRP support and after just deploying webvpn
on 8.0 I see quite a bit has changed so I like to keep more familiar
with what's going to become mainstream, but at the end of the day if
someone is going to ask me what is the most stable release for their
ASA i'm still going to recommend 7.2 for now.

Cheers

Ben