[c-nsp] Nexus 7000

mack mack at exchange.alphared.com
Mon Jan 28 23:18:49 EST 2008

The only mentions of routing:

IP routing and multicast: Supports state-of-the-art implementations
of IPv4 and IPv6 services, routing protocols, and IP Multicast features to optimize and enhance data center scalability and performance, reducing capital expenditures (CapEx) and operating expenses (OpEx)

The OS documents list the various RFC supported including all of the usual BGP and IPv6 RFCs.

No mention of MPLS though which gives the CRS-1 a leg up on the backbone routing market.

This looks like it kills for everything but SONET and MPLS.

--
LR Mack McBride
Network Administrator