[c-nsp] Nexus 7000

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Tue Jan 29 02:51:18 EST 2008

At 02:33 PM 1/29/2008 +1030, Tom Storey observed:

> > Call me crazy, but I got no sense that this new thingy can route, from
> > the little video or any of the data sheets.  They'd be spouting the pps
> > of IPv6 hardware routing, if it could.
>
>I saw mention of VRFs, OSPFv2 and 3, and mentions of IPv4 and IPv6 among
>the existing documents, but no mention of PPS or anything else routing
>related.

60Mpps IPv4 unicast per slot, 30Mpps IPv6 unicast per slot. Routing
protocol highlights: OSPFv2/3, ISIS, BGP, EIGRP (v4).

Also doing v4 & v6 multicast, SM, SSM, bidir, with abundant multicast
replication bandwidth.

Tim

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Data Center BU
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759