[c-nsp] OSPF router gets separated from a broadcast domain

Whisper whisper555 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 07:04:27 EST 2008

Either I am mis-reading what you are trying to ask, or you are not making
yourself very clear, because what I can gather from your descriptions thus
far, this is explicitly covered in most OSPF explanations.

This may help you understand things more clearly.

Routers don't become DR/BDR/DROthers, it is Router Interfaces.

Thus a router can have an Interface that is operating as a DR in 1 network
and as a BDR/DROther in another network

This answer is all based on the assumption that I've understood what you are
trying to ask.

Hope that helps