[c-nsp] Nexus 7000

Lincoln Dale (ltd) ltd at cisco.com
Tue Jan 29 07:29:54 EST 2008

> Does it do netflow output?

yes, NetFlow export v5 and v9 (flexible netflow) export are supported.

h/w table of 512K netflow entries shared between ingress & egress on
each forwarding engine (per I/O module).

> Or sampled netflow?

yes, (true) sampled netflow is supported in h/w too.

> I suppose one would need a
> small network just to handle the netflow output of a fully traffic'd
> switch.

quite possibly!

in the initial software release the export is handled by the Supervisor
control-plane. in a maintenance release soon after, we're adding
distributed netflow export such that its exported from the control-plane
local on the I/O module.
even with the centralized model, its forseeable that there could be
substancial export rate!

cheers,

lincoln.