[c-nsp] [Q] Nexus 7000 vs. Cisco 6500 in the Data Center

Netfortius netfortius at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 15:15:29 EST 2008

We have just finalized a design consisting of 6509s in the Data Center (core),
with VSS "enabled", Sup720-3Cs, etc - the whole nine yards. Does anybody know
of a tool or link allowing us a feature-to-feature comparison between 6500s
(modules and IOS features) and 7000s, so that we could determine how
to "populate" the latter, then quote them for price comparison? I am not sure
the docs are all up-to-date, as some still have spelling errors in the title,
so we'd probably expect some revisions to such, also (e.g.
(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps9402/ps9512/brochure_cisco_nexus_7000_series_virtualization_arch.pdf)

TIA,
Stefan