[c-nsp] Cisco DCNM

Gregori Parker Gregori.Parker at theplatform.com
Wed Jan 30 18:51:16 EST 2008

Following up on the Nexus discussion (and the NMS discussion).

I spent some time reading about "Data Center Network Manager" today.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6505/ps9369/Data_S
heet_DC_Net_Manager_4.html

I'm curious to know whether, in the long run, this software will be
solely for managing the Nexus platform, or will it be expanded to
replace LMS, CSM, et al by supporting existing platforms?  Or to put it
more bluntly: Can Cisco please make one new comprehensive NMS that's
simple to deploy/maintain, works with all (will settle for most) of my
devices, and has an open architecture to work with other systems?
Please?

- Gregori