[c-nsp] internal enterprise MPLS/VRF recommendations

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+cisco-nsp at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 18:48:10 EST 2008

Hi Josh,

On 2/1/08, Higham, Josh <jhigham at epri.com> wrote:
> I have a couple of internal groups that need some level of private
> connectivity within our network, and I'm looking at some high level
> input about the various options.
[...]

I don't know how much heart surgery you'd need to perform on your
network to achieve this, but you could consider MPLS over DMVPN. I
attended a Special Interest Group (SIG) at the local Cisco office
(Canberra, Australia) on this topic a while ago.

I've uploaded the slides here (includes lab diag and configs):

http://download.yousendit.com/DBB69F822ABFE8BF

Check out the guides on Network Virtualization here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns656/networking_solutions_design_guidances_list.html#anchor7

cheers,
Dale