[c-nsp] 7206 misreporting ifSpeed via SNMP on ATM fiber interface

Darryl Dunkin ddunkin at netos.net
Tue Jul 1 15:49:32 EDT 2008

This is normal behavior from what I've seen, as you don't have a PVC
configured for the main interface so it has no bandwidth on the ATM
layer.

This is the view from a 7500, but I see the same results. Look at the
0.0 interface instead.

ifIndex IfDescr ifType ifMtu ifSpeed
5	ATM0/0/0-atm layer	37		0
6	ATM0/0/0.0-atm subif	134		149760000
7	ATM0/0/0-aal5 layer	49		0
8	ATM0/0/0.0-aal5 layer	49	4470	149760000