[c-nsp] Telnet FROM a PIX Appliance?

Andrew Yourtchenko ayourtch at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 04:57:36 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 9:55 PM, Sam Stickland
<sam_mailinglists at spacething.org> wrote:
> I can buy the comprising argument for a reason not to do this.
>
> I think the reason most people here want to be able to do outbound telnet is
> for troubleshooting - checking port connectivity and protocol banners. Many
> times administrators are insistent that a server is listening on such and
> such a port, and it's not. It's nice to be able to troubleshoot problems in
> chunks.

if the matter is just testing whether the TCP server is listening on a
given port or not, would the following work for this purpose ?

-----
access-list foo permit tcp host x.x.x.x host y.y.y.y
access-list foo permit tcp host y.y.y.y host x.x.x.x

capture test interface bar access-list foo

copy http://x.x.x.x:NNNN/test flash:test

show capture test detail
-----

thanks,