[c-nsp] /31 network

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Wed Jul 2 15:15:12 EDT 2008

On (2008-07-02 17:19 +0530), Vikas Sharma wrote:

> has anyone used /31 network instead of /30? I believe this is recommended to
> use /31 network? Need expert comments.

We've been running it years, some CPE grade boxes have had software bugs
where while they should support /31 weird things start to happen, like
they start to arp for whole Internet (0.0.0.0/0 towards PE), in which case
our fix is to enable proxy-arp in PE (to get customer connection running) and
upgrade software in next possible maintenance. I think we've seen another
different issue too, but I didn't handle it.

--
  ++ytti