[c-nsp] Vlan Issue - 7304 & 4507

J C juniper84 at live.com
Wed Jul 2 16:38:45 EDT 2008

I'm experiencing a weird issue between a Cisco 7304 and a 4507R switch...

Basically it looks like this:

Customer -> Trunk (vlan 1709 native) -> 4507R -> Trunk -> Sub-interface 7304 (customer vrf)

We
can see the mac-address from the customer equipment but are unable to
ping it from the 7304.  We then moved the ip-address from the 7304 vlan
sub-interface to a SVI on the 4507R and now we're able to successfully
ping the device.  Chaning the vlan from 1709 to 2000+ seemed to has
fixed the issue in one previous incident.

Everything appears fine when we look at the mac-address table and the ARP tables within the vrf.

Anyone run into anything similar?

I'm assuming code level, but I'd love to find a Cisco BugID before I speak out.