[c-nsp] Shutting Down Catalyst 6509?

Felix Nkansah felixnkansah at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 08:29:57 EDT 2008

Hi Team,

I am in a lab trying my hands for the first time on a new Catalyst 6509 to
be deployed for a client.

It has some gigabitethernet and FWSM modules installed, along with one
supervisor engine.

It's started and loaded beautifully, all modules having passed the
diagnostics, etc.

My concern is 'how do I shut the switch down'?

I dont want to believe I can just power it off from the power source as I do
with the lower end versions. Or is it?

Please help answer this question along with any other caveats, links, etc
that you would like to share with me based on your experiences.

Regards,

Felix