[c-nsp] Shared Support versus Smartnet

Rubens Kuhl Jr. rubensk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 04:47:45 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 4:18 PM, Paul Stewart <paul at paulstewart.org> wrote:
> Hi Rubens...
>
> Sorry if this is sidetracking the conversation a bit - apologies.  But, what
> can folks tell me about shared support in general?  I always thought it was
> Smartnet or nothing hence why I'm asking... is this "3rd party Cisco
> support" that I've seen advertised a few times?

Don't know for sure, but probably yes.

> With "shared smartnet", do you lose the ability to contact TAC directly?

Yes, according to CCO docs. L1 and L2 are done by partner, TAC gets
involved from L3 and above.

> What about software updates - from Cisco or from the partner??

Partner, according to CCO docs. I'll only know for sure in a few weeks
when we renew our contracts.

Cisco Shared Support looks very similar to the old PICA contracts;
Cisco and partners insist they are different, but the more I look,
more I feel they are the same.

Rubens