[c-nsp] Support versus warranty/RMA

Rubens Kuhl Jr. rubensk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 04:53:32 EDT 2008

>> Smartnet or nothing hence why I'm asking... is this "3rd party Cisco
>> support" that I've seen advertised a few times?
>>
>> With "shared smartnet", do you lose the ability to contact TAC directly?
>> What about software updates - from Cisco or from the partner??
>
> To go along with Paul's question, what about hardware warranty & RMA?

Shared Support gives you support level hardware maintenance, not
warranty level. Shared Support is usually "same day ship"/"next
business day", but could give a faster replacing policy if the partner
can afford the logistics to do it and you can afford to buy the
service. Usually they cannot, so if want 4h or 12h you probably need
to stick with Smartnet, but that is up to the partner so they might do
it.

Rubens