[c-nsp] VRF-Lite & Multicast question

Mihai Tanasescu mihai at duras.ro
Tue Jul 8 13:55:08 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I have just started studying multicast for accomplishing a task that
I've been giving and don't know where / what I am doing wrong.

My setup is something like the following:

RP ---> Router A --- iBGP ---> Router B --- eBGP --> Router C (vrf-lite)

between Router B and Router C I have 5 links (4 are vrf-lite in Router
C, the 5th is in the global table and use for MPLS ldp).

I have configured on each router:
ip multicast-routing (in C for example for both global and VRF) , ip pim
sparse-dense-mode on interfaces and the RP.

If I connect with a cable in Router A I can view the multicast stream.
Same if I connect in Router B.

But in Router C it doesn't work (neither in the global table, neither in
the VRFs from vrf-lite implementation).

Can you help with an advice or what I could be doing wrong ? (I'm just a
beginner/newbie when it comes to mcast)

Thanks,
Mihai