[c-nsp] VRF-Lite & Multicast question

Alley Hasan Alley.Hasan at megapath.com
Tue Jul 8 17:30:48 EDT 2008

Some of the basic things to check:
- Everything should be pingible from everywhere, including the sender
and reciver. Layer 3 connectivity should be complete before anything can
happen.
- Make sure that the RP is pinglible by the sender and the reciever.
- Make sure that the RP address is not mis-typed (its amazing how many
times that ends up being the culprit).
- Throw ip pim sparse on the loopbacks as well.

Hope this helps.

Sr. Network Engineer
Megapath Inc.

CCIE 9651