[c-nsp] ASA or FRSW in transparent mode over qinq

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Wed Jul 9 04:31:18 EDT 2008

"Pavel Skovajsa" <pavel.skovajsa at gmail.com> writes:

> does anybody know whether ASA or FWSW is able to firewall qinq packets
> in transparent mode? Does anybody have some configs of this?
> In short we are a service provider who wants to offer firewall
> protection to various customer qinq tunnels.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I do have another one...

Which firewall does MPLS providers use to connect customer VRF's to
the Internet? 6500's with FWSM's? What if they have thousands of
VRF's?

All of the usual enterprise firewalls like ASA, Netscreen, Checkpoint
VSX top out at a few hundred virtual firewalls per box.

/Benny