[c-nsp] High temperatures on cisco 6504-E chassis

Maarten Moerman mmoerman at ebay.com
Thu Jul 10 09:29:58 EDT 2008

Hi Charles,

(i'm a colleague) , we've just installed them, fresh new suite, fresh new
cisco's. There's also no production traffic on it yet, just testing at this
moment. I think they've been up for little over a month.

There's no blocking in airflow, also seems that inlet temps that the cisco
is reporting, is not the temp we see when using a temp reader in front of
the chassis (10C difference)

Maybe it's the fact that these are sup720-3cxl-10ge , with X2 modules
installed (which also seem to get hot, 41C), and this packed in a small
chassis....

Just looking for answers from somebody who has similar experience with the
6504 chassis.

Maarten