[c-nsp] ASA or FRSW in transparent mode over qinq

Christian Koch christian at broknrobot.com
Thu Jul 10 12:18:12 EDT 2008

that i cant answer.....it just sounded like you were implying a vrf needed
firewall service, which is what was confusing me...

but FWSM scales to 4 per chassis, which is 2000 contexts, 20gbps throughput
..'on paper'...

IOS FW is VRF aware as well, and 7200 makes for a great CE device..

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 5:40 AM, Benny Amorsen
<benny+usenet at amorsen.dk<benny%2Busenet at amorsen.dk>>
wrote:

> "Pavel Skovajsa" <pavel.skovajsa at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > What if the service provider wants to provide centralized firewalled
> > internet connection to those customers?
>
> Exactly. There must be many ISP's which offer hosted firewalls and
> Internet access for their MPLS customers. But how? None of the
> solutions seem to scale.
>

> /Benny

^christian$