[c-nsp] VRFs

Luan M Nguyen luan at t3technology.com
Mon Jul 14 06:10:27 EDT 2008

Hi Oli,
Does this mean that for example, you have 2 LANs, one in a VRF and one in
the global, then they can't communicate?
I have a situation where your WAN is in a VRF, the LAN in the global.  For
Internet access, I use NAT.   Saw the packet come back to the router but
doesn't know how to get out of the VRF and back into the LAN.  I put a route
to a switch address connected to that LAN, then things are okay...but what
if you don't have a switch and just a layer 2 device?
A while back, there was a gentleman suggested that he had to create 2
loopbacks, one in VRF, and build a tunnel between VRF and Global...but that
is just too much work.  Is there a better way of doing that?  To do:  ip
route vrf FOO x.x.x.0/24 <next-hop> global, where next-hop is just an
interface on the router?

Thanks.

-luan