[c-nsp] OT: Possible List Troll/Spammer..

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Fri Jul 18 14:04:15 EDT 2008

Benny Amorsen wrote:
> "Marko Milivojevic" <markom at markom.info> writes:
>
>> In our defense (yes, I'm one of those people), some of us may not have
>> a choice. When we leave for vacation, we must configure auto
>> responder, if we are using work e-mail for mailing list
>> subscriptions...
>
> If a mail program sends an autoresponse to a list mail, it's simply
> broken. I believe even Exchange/Outlook is smart enough to not do
> that.

No, it isn't, at least in some versions.  Some of us have to use it, at
least for our work email.  Next item.

I took the time four or five years ago to ask the NANOG list what MUA
(along with any MTA exclusions) was "NANOG-approved" and provided
threaded viewing - I was using Outlook for work and Outlook Express for
personal email, but was willing to change the personal program to
anything else.  Thunderbird is the result.  Life goes on.

pt